13/04/2016

And the DIY goes on...

One more DIY day. This time I was trying to make a helmet mount for my phone. The idea was to find a way to shoot videos while the body absorbs the vibration of the engine and the shocks from bumpy roads. Finally I managed to do something that made me look like this:



So I went for a test ride. Here's what happened:






Looking left for incoming traffic I hit the mount and the phone dropped face down on the tarmac till I picked it up. Luckily undamaged (the mount kept it scratch free). So I cancelled the project and made a new DIY mount for the bike. Here it is:



Better than the previous one I had, offers space for more gadgets or other stuff if needed and the slightly elastic metal I used promises some shock/vibration absorption. I'll test it on first chance and hope it really does so.